CONSTITUTION SQUARE / PLAZA DE LA CONSTITUCIÓN
The Plaza de la Constitución (Constitution Square) was the souk during the Muslim era and was transformed into the current square in the XIX century. It features the Ayuntamiento (Town Hall), built at the end of that century. It was named Plaza de la Constitución in 1812, but it is known as Plaza Vieja (Old Square). It is a colonnade close square, typical of Main Squares designed in the XIX century. It is currently being remodelled.
Fue el zoco durante la época musulmana. En ella se encuentra el ayuntamiento. Es una plaza porticada y cerrada, propia de las plazas mayores.